Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hackers uniting against Iran?

From: Kian Mohageri <kian.mohageri () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:28:15 -0700

Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On April 4, 2007 10:40:28 PM -0400 scott
<redhowlingwolves () bellsouth net> wrote:

First things first:
1:So far as I can see,the US does war games in the region ,and has been
for decades.Now that they are actually in a war in that region,for sure
there will be many shows of power to try and keep anyone else from
wanting to jump in,or endanger there troops.
2:Iran is back to being a viable military threat.So,it goes to reason
there will be much posturing by the US military to alleviate the threat
imposed by another nation becoming involved in the quagmire
there(meaning Iraq) now.
3:It doesn't help matters with the seizure of a UK boat and crew.Behind
the scenes,I hope things are being handled appropriately.
4:$:If some foolish group takes it upon themselves to shove a new
war,against a new `enemy' in the region at this time,they should be
hanged!I believe that is what makes the difference between a General and
     your average(no disrespect intended!)soldier!

Now if you think this is a good idea,then you must be STUPID!!!

What I'm wondering is how the Iranians will be able to tell the
difference.  If you're connected to the Internet, you're being attacked
24/7.  How can you tell that this "new" attack is from a red-blooded
hacker group trying to defeat Iran?  (As opposed to your average
bot-building phisher hacking into boxes constantly.)

Geez, I don't know, maybe the post to full-disclosure by a bunch of
script kiddies announcing their intentions, coupled with a spike in DDoS
attempts?

Just a guess.

Kian