Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: More information on ZERT patch for ANI 0day

From: <neal.krawetz () mac hush com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 14:19:54 -0500

a/s/l?

I currently reside in Fort Collins, Colorado and I obtained my PhD
from Texas A&M.

- - neal

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 13:52:42 -0500 "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz -
SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa () pacbell net> wrote:
Hardly.

Don't remember that last Zero day in 2006 do you?

The Zert folks have coded up zero day patches before (VML and WMF
anyone?) and are folks actively out in the community.  While I'm
not
ready yet to install third party patches on systems, I admire them
for
the community need that they are reacting to.  Gadi and the crew
work
hard and have my respect for their efforts.

If you are willing to evaluate the eEye patch, Zert's should be
higher
on your list as well since reportedly it works better than eEye's.

Regardless it's a moot point.  The real patch is out.
Install that one.  It's on Windows update now.

Stefan Kelm wrote:
Hi, more information about the patch released April 1st can be
found here:

http://zert.isotf.org/

Including:
1. Technical information.
2. Why this patch was released when eeye already released a
third party
patch.

Has anyone actually checked what this patch does? Who are ZERT
and
ISOTF respectively ("About ISOTF" at
http://www.isotf.org/?page_value=0
says a lot...)?

...or is this an April Fool's joke?

Cheers,

     Stefan.

--
Click to find great rates on home insurance, save big, shop here
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1QU9J8I3FnXUDPvvGq2HC7Zxhg/