Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MS are doing Windows Updates for XP to IE7

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:25:53 -0500

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:48:13 +1300, Nick FitzGerald said:
Well, yes, if you are (a) clued and (b) know it's coming. If you've got it
set to download-and-install at 3AM every Wednesday morning, you may be in for
a surprise....

If you're _NOT_ clued enough to know better then you "deserve" the
automatic, silent IE 7 "upgrade".

MS got this right.

I didn't say MS didn't get this right, in fact I agree that this is the way
it should work.

Doesn't change the fact that several hundred million unclued users are likely
to wonder what happened to their IE6. ;)