Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Windows Bugged

From: wayne dawson <waydaws () telus net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 22:18:12 -0700

Guess 1 wrote:
Hi,

I have a windows xp sp2 system. But every time I shut down there is
wierd process CiceroUIWnd.exe that the system is unable to close. I
have to close it using End Task. Is there a way so that I can find out
whether my windows system is bugged / infected with viruses.

Mordox
That's MS fricken Office.  That component is the Speech and handwriting
component.  It's a little flaky, and has been known to hangs machines on
shutdown.

I assume you don't need it, so go into control panel > add remove > MS
Office > Change, and browse to Office Shared Features > Alternative User
Input > both Speech and Handwriting Recognition > select "not available"