Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fallacies on Truths in Caller ID scam

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:31:57 -0400

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal wrote:
Getting back to some very small points here...
Correction: Rawalpindi is not in India.
Ralwapindi was used cause it's the only place that came to my mind at the moment, Pakistan, India it was an example.

If the call is from Dell, then does it matter, if the office is in India or Rawalpindi. 1800GO2DELL represents dell.
Yes it does matter to me where someone is located when I am speaking to them. It matters for the sake of accountability. YOU may not see nothing wrong with someone having your information at their fingertips, but I want to know who, what, where, when and why someone is doing ANYTHING with my information. Or haven't you been following news:

Indian Outsourcing Firms Downplay Fraud Concerns
http://www.crmbuyer.com/story/PZCY8ZqRWY32gK/Indian-Outsourcing-Firms-Downplay-Fraud-Concerns.xhtml

Fraud Reports Worry Indian Outsourcing Firms
http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/8zIZdp07IuYkrW/Fraud-Reports-Worry-Indian-Outsourcing-Firms.xhtml

etc
http://tinyurl.com/g4mg5

I don't care if its India, China, Pakistan, the North or South Pole, Dell in this example should follow US laws especially since they're located here. It can't be a single sided law it has to apply to all bottom line.

And in that case www.talkety.com is doing something similar from Germany (?). And you can misuse their service to have
fun making prank calls to people from their own numbers.

I don't care about Germany there fellow, this post was regarding US LAWS and I happened to mention a US COMPANY not a Germany one. Ich scheiß' d'rauf! (No really)

Just something for though...
ahem..

Next argument?

--