Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Links smbclient command execution

From: Mikulas Patocka <mikulas () artax karlin mff cuni cz>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:02:29 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Mikulas Patocka wrote:

> Hi
>
> I fixed it in Links 1.00pre19 (at > http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links/download/) and Links 2.1pre25 > (at http://links.twibright.com/download/) --- please check it.
>
> I changed it to refuse '"' and ';' from file path. I hope that user name and > password at smbclient command line cannot be used to execute arbitrary code, > but if you have other information, contact me.
>
> Mikulas

Hello,

links-2.1pre25 still seems vulnerable to the "smb" vulnerability.

The ChangeLog doesn't mention anything about fixing it, smb.c has
a timestamp from November 2005, and the exploit posted earlier
still works.

Regards, Ulf Härnhammar

Oops, I forgot to upload it yesterday. It's there now under name links-2.1pre26. If you have any other ideas how it could be broken, tell me.

Mikulas