Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Wireless access points

From: "Waters, Chris" <cwaters () networkchemistry com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:49:55 -0400

Hi,

You might want to have a look at RogueScanner:

http://www.networkchemistry.com/products/roguescanner.php

It is a new open-source project specifically designed to solve the
problem of finding rogue APs by wired side scanning.

RogueScanner works using collaborative classifiction, which means that
it learns how to identify APs over time. Right now the accuracy is not
great, but as more people run it and give classification feedback the
accuracy should improve dramatically.

Regards,

Chris.