Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How secure is software X?

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:09:03 -0700

Brian Eaton wrote:
On 5/11/06, Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com> wrote:
Don't we fairly quickly arrive at all products passing all the standard
tests, and "passing" no longer means anything?

I believe that point is called "success."

I was thinking more like all their "security" efforts only went to making sure the test reports clean, and they get declared "secure". Now you have two products that pass the tests regardless of relative security, or whether one of them was carefully developed with security in mind. Not my definition of success.

                                        BB