Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Using domain whois information for fun and profit

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:52:16 -0500

Steven Rakick wrote:

Let me ask you something.

If I send an email to full disclosure with cookie
theft JS in the body of my message and some Fucktard
email reader executes it, would you blame Mailman or
the Fucktard email reader?

Bad example.

Mail routing programs are supposed to be liberal in their acceptance of body content because there are all kinds of valid uses of that type of content allowable in e-mail. The same is not the case for whois output. Whois output is not, by design, supposed to contain script as far as I'm aware.

            -bkfsec