Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Fedex Kinkos Smart Card Authentication Bypass

From: Lance James <bugtraq () securescience net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 09:10:01 -0800

Dude VanWinkle wrote:
On 2/28/06, Lance James <bugtraq () securescience net> wrote:

Eric B wrote:

Wait, so if I read this right, consumers with existing cards could
dupe their legit cards for fake ones and cash in the fake ones yet
still have credit on the legit card?

So I'm assuming Fedex has no database/authentication system storing
these serials...brilliant.

Yup.

According to Fedex Kinko's:
"Our analysis shows that the information in the article is inaccurate
and not based on the way the actual technology and security function.
Security is a priority to FedEx Kinko's, and we are confident in the
security of our network in preventing such illegal activity."

Our response:

http://ip.securescience.net/exploits/P1010029.JPG

lol, now thats a funny picture!

So am I to assume that normally you can go beyond 31337 on a Kinko's
card and this is a modding of the original to produce the displayed
picture?

The max is $100.00
-JP