Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: War Dialing, Spoofed(?) Phone Number [area code 786], and calls across the US

From: "Steven" <steven () lovebug org>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:01:07 -0500

I am familiar with how trivial it is to spoof (especially now a day), but that wasn't exactly the point. This activity is far from being limited to a few area codes or people -- it's literally thousands of people. I'd imagine people on this list have probably even received the calls or will soon. It is just so strange and I am wondering what the root cause for it is.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Holstein" <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>