Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: SendGate: Sendmail Multiple Vulnerabilities (Race Condition DoS, Memory Jumps, Integer Overflow)

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:48:31 -0800

Theo de Raadt wrote:
(who are you again?)

Your customer.

That does not make it right for our user community to attack
developers for their freely given efforts.  People who get attacked
might stop trying to improve the code.

Attacking commercial software developers makes them write better code, attacking free software developers makes them feel bad and quit. Got it.

You could run other software, you know.

And you could write your software without bitching at the people who help you pay your bills. I can't see that changing real soon either. But hey, you keep being you, and I'll keep buying your stuff in spite of your attitude, because it's good software.

I use DJB's software under the same circumstances, so I'm used to it.

                                        BB