Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Noise on the list

From: Anders B Jansson <hdw () kallisti se>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:12:35 +0100

Frederic Pasteleurs wrote:
Hello everybody,

I subscribed to this mailing list in 2004 just to keep me informed about
some useful tips and the latest issues/problems in the software packages
i'm using for my everyday computing habits.

I had a hard time to keep up with the flow of mails in the beginning,
but it was still manageable.
The n3td3v trolling case several months ago was annoying, but still okay.
Then came the fake advisories spamming, i was a bit pissed by the
<snip>
Come on people, how old are you ??
43 1/2

And the spamming isn't that bad, 3-4 filter rules is needed but that's about it.

The problem, if any, isn't the trolling but the moronic replies from people who should know better than responding to
morons.

Hello? If someone writes something stupid/silly/moronic then killfile/filter and/or ignore.
Don't respond to it, you'll only make it worse.

Or to quote ye olde proverb:
"Never argue with idiots, they'll just drag the discussion down to their own level and beat you with experience."

--
// hdw