Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Free "Microsoft" USB FOB!!!

From: Bob Radvanovsky <rsradvan () unixworks net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:25:59 -0600

Microsoft is on the marketing warpath to promote legitimate licensing of their operating system, Windows(tm).  Fill out
the necessary junk, get a free USB flash FOB -- probably 32 MB -- but who cares -- IT'S FREE!!!  You'll need a
Microsoft Passport account and valid USPS address.  Got a Hotmail(tm) account?  That should work here, too.  ;))

Here's the URL link, along with the questions (and their answers):

Free USB drive!  It’s probably only 32MB or something stupid, but I though I’d share anyways.  Just click on the
“Valuable Information” link to the right, and use the answers below.

http://www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

Here are the answers to the four questions:
Q1. How many ways are there to obtain a full Microsoft® Windows® Desktop license?
Answer:: 2

Q2: Volume License Agreements cover Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
Answer: True

Q3: OEM operating system licenses are non-transferable.
Answer: True

Q4: The most cost-effective way to acquire an initial, full underlying Windows Desktop license is preinstalled.
Answer: True

Good luck -- and enjoy!!!

-rad