Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Excel 0-day?

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:29:35 +0300 (EEST)

Thanks for bringing this point to the list.
I had similar thoughts when writing Excel 0-day FAQ document last night.
Like we know that item was pulled out quite soon, but it's always possible that someone had contacts to the author
before that process.

It's very hard to believe that this new Trojan is exploiting issues fixed in 'eBay case' CVE-2005-4131. This code
execution issue was fixed with MS06-012 as part of monthly security updates released in March.
New vulnerability has been confirmed in fully patched XP SP2 system.
If the attacker uses fixed vulnerability he or she has only unpatched machines as target.

- Juha-Matti

Denis Jedig <seclists () syneticon de> kirjoitti:
Anybody any idea if the problem somehow relates to the Excel
vulnerability offered on eBay in Dec 05?
http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11363

Regards,

Denis