Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ZoneEdit.com Forcing Pop-Unders on WebForward-Configured Domains

From: "Line Noise" <300baud () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:55:45 -0700

On 6/12/06, Jason Coombs <jasonc () science org> wrote:
Problem:

DNS service ZoneEdit.com now owned by MyDomains.com has started forcing
JavaScript pop-Unders onto users' browsers when the domain owner uses
the ZoneEdit WebForward feature.

I had been waiting for some reply or other to this, and am still
interested to know whether someone who actually uses the service
(besides Jason) has noted or verified the problem. I asked other
people I know that use zoneedit, including one who uses the WebForward
feature, and they did not experience this problem. I would expect that
there are a few possible explanations:

o This problem only occurred for Jason, and was discontinued
immediately after his post to FD
o Something else caused this problem, and Jason has confused the issue
o Everyone here who might refute or concur this statement has Jason
killfiled (and this is a legitimate possibility)
o No one else cares

--

NO CARRIER