Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Files keep appearing

From: "Ademar Gonzalez" <ademar.gonzalez () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:09:57 -0400

Hi Stephen .

On 6/2/06, Stephen Johnson <maillists () thelonecoder com> wrote:

 I keep having a phishing website appear on my web server.

 They keep showing up in a Resources folder of one of the sites that I host.
 I have gone through the logs and I am not seeing any connections.  I
deleted the files this morning and this evening they re-appeared — no
connections were made on my server during that period of time.

 Also, there are no cron jobs that I noticed that looked out of the
ordinary.

 I am running MySQL, PHP, Apache2 on a debian linux server.

 Any thoughts?

 --
 Stephen Johnson

Look for an insecure upload form on that website you are hosting, most
probably they are uploading their stuff thought there unless you've
been rooted :-)

Regards.

ademar