Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: blocking tor is not the right way forward. It may just be the right way backward.

From: Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob () darkover org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:13:02 -0300

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 12:58:13PM -0800, Eliah Kagan wrote:
On 6/9/06, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
While you're correct
that administrators have the right to try to block tor, doing so will,
if it becomes popular, result in users' privacy rights being violated.
And yes, the ability to live in society without everybody and his
cousin having my personal information *is* a right, and if it is
impossible for me to exercise it, then that right of mine is in a
state of being violated.

You are confusing matters.
No one is proposing to outlaw Tor. Or even to track users back.
If someone want to force Tor users to identify themselves before
using a site, I'll be against it. But anyone is free to stop
Tor users from using their networks/servers.

Those are two (three?) totally different issues.