Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Want to test this desktop barrier?, (Unauthorized offer) 0day protection

From: "Morning Wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:49:43 -0700

Dick, err Bill,
odd product you have...
anything i tried to run via GreenBorder simply, how do I say this... DID NOT RUN PERIOD.

I am amazed at the effectiveness of your product, it's great! I was fully protected from not being able to do anything at all with your product, simply amazing. When I tried to run Internet Explorer, it simply would not run!!! I was obviously fully protected from all threats, again Dick, err Bill, big props to your Product! Now, being one that just has to back up my security product research, I uninstalled your product to compare my computer use and Internet browsing without your Product's protection. After a reboot see now that my HTML icons are now back with that blue "e", not that BIG GREEN SQUARE THINGIE, ( an obvious sign of not being protected ) although I can actually open them now, as well Internet Explorer itself now opens ( I think I'm at rick now huh? ) In my opinion this Product is effective, or not, depending on you Marketing stance and spammimg of security lists touting a questionable product, that offers nothing that I can see of value.

cheers,
MW