Full Disclosure mailing list archives

THC releases Nokia Phone ROM images and memory maps

From: rm () segfault net
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:00:38 +0000

Hi,

"THC is the world's first group to release ROM images and memory maps from Nokia Mobile Phones. This is an invitation
for Reverse Engineers and hackers to discover hidden secrets and backdoors on mobile phones."

http://www.thc.org/thc-rom

"The following webpage contains ROM images from various mobile phone operating
systems.  Our intention is to motivate other reverse engineers to take a look
at the images and to discover other hidden secrets. Other reasons are that it
is said to be hard to extract the ROM. Certainly another reason is that Nokia
does not release any technical information about the hardware and I find this
rather disappointing. (It's my strong believe that when I buy hardware that I
should also be allowed to know what's in it and how to use it.)"

regards,

Ruediger