Full Disclosure mailing list archives

about PROC Vulnerability

From: "cyberfox2002" <cyberfox2002 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:29:32 +0800

Hello.
                 I    had    downloaded    the    h00lyshit.c.    But    i    encountered    several    problems.
                 My    OS    is    Fedora    5.        Kernal:    2.6.11
                 At    first,    i    encounterd        Permission    denied.    When    I    ran    the    exploit
to    the    line        "i    =    fork()",    the    error    is        printed.        And    ,    i    disabled
the    SELinux    in        /etc/selinux/config.    But    ,    an    new    error    is    coming    forth.        --
      Exec    Format    Error    .        I    knew    AOUT    format    used    by    the    exploit    is    older
than    ELF.    So    i    opened    the    /boot/config-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4    and  modified  CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT  =  y
(  I  also  tried  to    =m  ).  After  rebooting  ,  the  error  is  also  in  there  .  Exec  format  Error.  .I
confused  ...      So  can  you  give  me  some  advice  ?  Please  ..  Thanks.

Regards
Big Bear.