Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Undisclosed breach at major US facility

From: "kaiser scapegoat" <kaiser_scapegoat () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:27:34 -0700

There's something that's not in the timeline or my blog, but I think it's relevant in bringing up possible consequences of the "paint whistleblower as hacker" strategy.

University security sites often post information of interest to the security on their web sites. Through simple Internet searches I found several universities that had posted presentations that gave me as an example of a hacker/danger. I'm pretty sure these presentations were offshoots of the HIPAA conference run by the Kaiser lawyer. I tried to contact a couple of the universities directly and asked them to redact that part of their presentations, but they didn't reply.