Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 17, Issue 48

From: "Mike M" <mkmaxx () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:26:16 +0530

Drama queen..

Enough said.

Although I can tell you what's going on here.

XSS is suffering an identity crisis and a public relations disaster.

There is a lack of high profile hacks with XSS now.

We had the Myspace worm, although that was really a harmless proof of
concept incident and no harm really came of it.

What XSS really needs is a major incident to bring it back into the
credibility ratings.
[blah blah blah]  yahoo [blah blah] google [blah..
is needed.

I think it says more    [blah blah blah]  yahoo [blah blah] google [blah..

There should be stiff penalties within corporations. If programmers
were told your dick would be chopped off if you let a product go live
without penetration testing it first with an automated XSS auditing
tool, then you can bet the XSS flaws would go away tomorrow. Ok, maybe
just cut their pay for that month, not their dicks off, but you get
the idea.  [blah blah blah]  yahoo [blah blah] google [blah..

[blah blah blah]  yahoo [blah blah] google [blah..

The developer shrugs his shoulders and carries on coding.

..