Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: corporate uses for Google malware finding, etc. [was: [funsec] more than just malware..]

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:00:06 -0400

On 7/18/06, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
A couple more notes...
This can have significant uses for corporations. For example, finding lost
source code by using the filetype: feature, or as Dude already mentioned
on this thread, to find wrongly named executables.

Also, using the site: feature can help corporations search their websites
for executables for potential AUP violations or compromises.

Really, the sky is the limit even if this is not the holy
grail. It's... cool.

It would be even cooler if we had an engine that ignored the
robots.txt and just indexed everything tho.

I find that malware sites dont do well in PageRank ;-)

-JP<who doesnt do well in pagerank either>