Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Looking for any vulnerabilities in GreenBorder Pro - Download please, and let me know

From: mikeiscool <michaelslists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:36:26 +1000

On 7/14/06, Bill Stout <bill.stout () greenborder com> spammed:

Hi guys,

I'm looking for vulnerabilities or other weaknesses in our GreenBorder Pro
(application virtualization and isolation) product.  I invite you to
download and hammer it.  Please tell me of any vulnerability you may find.

how about we sell it to you?

If you download and activate it, the email used for activation will be
responded to with a license key for a year.  The feedback we've gained is
invaluable, for example our Saturday build will include NOD32 compatibility
and updated installer checks.  It requires XP or 2K Pro and NTFS.  Please
see Software compatibility in our knowledge base here:
http://supportcenteronline.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=4049.

If you notice we're beyond 37,000 downloads and have read that free licenses
are only for the first 10,000, we've quietly extended the year free license
to anyone who downloads by July 28, 2006.  This is because of both the
valuable feedback, and a support load of less than 2%.  The download can be
found at www.greenborder.com.

what the hell is with this shit? fd isn't a mailing list for the
development of your product. fd is primarily for netdev. he will get
angered at you.

Thanks,

thanks? thanks?! instead of giving thanks give money to a real company
to test your own software. stop the pathetically veiled marketing
crap.

Bill Stout

-- mic