Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Buffer Overflow vulnerability in Windows Display Manager [Suspected]

From: InfoSecBOFH <infosecbofh () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 03:32:29 -0800

I have only replicated this with the intel driver.  have tried others
and no dice.

On 1/3/06, Sumit Siddharth <sumit.siddharth () gmail com> wrote:
I think the problem is with the intel driver and particularly with file
ialmnt5.sys
Hope it helps
Sumit

On 1/3/06, Sumit Siddharth <sumit.siddharth () gmail com > wrote:
Dear All,
Sorry for the delayed response.
I  had success in exploiting it remotely by a simple javascript
<script>window.open("http://aa...";);</script>. But i think it doesnt work
with some drivers.I am using XP ,professional, SP2. and firefox 1.0.6. I am
using a string of about 53,000 char to overflow the buffer.
Thanks
Sumit