Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Tel Aviv University Security Forum (TAUSEC) - Sunday 26/feb

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:36:50 +0200

The next Computer Security Technological (non-commercial) forum - TAUSEC is next Sunday, the 26th of February at Tel Aviv University's Lev Auditorium.

Lectures
--------
17:45 - Gathering
Drinks and light food will be served, free of charge.

18:00 - Gadi Evron
Blog Spam: the changing face of spam

In this lecture there will be a general discussion of what blog spam, referrer spam and other web content poisoning spam is. Then we will cover some examples, show what the bad guys are doing and some technologies they use to accomplish it, while on the other hand, what technologies are being used to combat them.

19:10 - Break
Drinks and light food will be served, free of charge.

19:30 - Eran Shir
Leapfrogs and Honeypots: Distributive defense against computer viruses

Although computer viruses cause tremendous economic loss, defense mechanisms fail to adapt to their rapid evolution. Previous immunization strategies have been characterized as being static and centralized, which has made virus containment difficult or even impossible.
We suggest, instead, to propagate the immunization agent as an epidemic.

The main problem with epidemic vaccine propagation is that it is bound to lag behind the virus. We suggest to give the vaccine an advantage over the virus by allowing it to leapfrog through a separate, overlapping, partially correlated network.
This enables the anti-virus to contain the epidemic efficiently.
We systemize this concept with a 'honey pots' architecture which achieves both early virus discovery and rapid immune disseminon. We present analytic, as well as simulation, results for a set of realistic topologies that illustrate the effectiveness of this approach.

Attendance is free.

        Gadi.

--
http://blogs.securiteam.com/

"Out of the box is where I live".
        -- Cara "Starbuck" Thrace, Battlestar Galactica.