Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Comment Spam: new trends, failing counter-measures and why it's a big deal

From: Andrew Haninger <ahaning () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 01:13:49 -0500

On 2/12/06, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
I guess you missed all the historic discussion of how cheap it is, in
"Western" terms, to employ what passes as skilled labour in much of the
third-world to solve "captcha-like" challenges???
FWIW, I've heard of (never seen) porn sites where they link to a
site's Captcha image and in order to get the porn, you have to solve
the Captcha. This way, someone unknowingly helps out the spammer and
there's no one to employ or pay. It's basically free labor.

-Andy