Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: According to Ivan, the secret ZA phone-homeserver is located at 127.0.0.1 [was Re: Re:Re: ZoneAlarm phones home]

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:24:54 +1100

nice personal attacks, a great display of your intellect.

My first post in this thread claimed that Cringely was spreading FUD, and
had provided no evidence to back up his claim.

No your first post was this

Without seeing the content of these packets, I don't see how Cringely can
claim to know whether there's anything spyware or not about it.  There is no
*evidence* for his claim.  I'm always suspicious of people who claim to have
observed 'spyware phoning home' but who are then completely unable to give
any details about the contents or destination of the packets, since it means
that they are claiming something that they don't actually know at all.

His only claim was that zonealarm "phones home" even when all the
communication options are disabled. I can't find any claim of spyware
as you indicated. His claim of a phone home bug has been vindicated by
Zonelabs/Checkpoint's response to the list and the admission of the
bug.

Like I said before, it's up to the people on the list to decide if
this is a issue for them or not. Not for a arrogant fool like you to
force his opinion onto people.

go ride your high horse over to letters () infoworld com