Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Online

From: "Mike Vasquez" <mike.vasquez () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 11:00:37 -0700

1) I'm sure none of you can imagine this, but sometimes running and startup
configs aren't the same.  YES it's TRUE!  So, your approach could be
disastrous and is really ill advised.

2) Nmap may not give reliable results from all sites.  Surely you've
encounted ACLs that caused erroneous nmap results from some locations.  As
the guy said: sometimes he travels.  Having the capability to run it from a
neutral location can get by that.

I'm sure there's more.....