Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Tempest today

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:02:24 -0400

Bill Stout wrote:
repeated electronic, not audio signals.  The U.S. Embassy in the USSR
had to be rebuilt in the '80s because the concrete was peppered with
passive electronic components (things like resistors and real bugs).
You're slightly off on the U.S. Embassy. As I recall, the beams were what was bugged and a wire passed from the beam through the concrete. Concrete itself was not the conduit it was the beams within the building. I recall the show, don't recall the channel. If I'm not mistaken, the same show went on to describe the US' tapping of the copier equipment where no cameras were ever found, but the agent ordered a new copier, and differentiated the weight of the two and made that determination. This after the fact that they figured out "hot chicks make lousy copy repairwomen" ;).

Another missed cue for someone to speak about are LAVD (Laser Aided Vibration Detectors) which most will NOT find on Google if they searched that EXACT term. (Possibly because of the differences in naming conventions). Mr. Stout may know of prisms being embedded into glass where lasers were aimed at these prisms and those operating these lasers were able to shift the direction on the bend to listen to different areas. Hence newer buildings now have "dead space" from the windows to alleviate some of this. But ultimately, its a known fact within intelligence agencies that spying is to purposely be done within all agencies. This is where disinfo comes from as well as (stupid keyword of the new millenia) "Actionable Intelligence" which agencies use for their crapaganda.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net
The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams