Full Disclosure mailing list archives

follow up to SPI Dynamics js portscanner

From: Tõnu Samuel <tonu () jes ee>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:55:30 +0300

Hi!

I give many classes about security and one major thing about vulnerabilities is difficulty to understand how actually dangerous they are. People often ask "so what" about all the stuff, like this NSA XSS right now. I found useful to develop working demo exploits to make people think bit different.

Now again, SPI Dynamics made paper about javascript portscanning and some people implemented nice demos like this one: http://www.gnucitizen.org/projects/javascript-port-scanner/ And again students ask "so what? Nice web frontend to portscanner".

So went further and made such web:

http://no.spam.ee/scanner/

For people I already shown it was common trend after that visit my pages only with wget and curl :D

  Tõnu