Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New Laptop Polices

From: Simon Richter <Simon.Richter () hogyros de>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:33:35 +0200

Hello,

Cullen, Michael wrote:

Given the new threats and the change in policy with the airlines and
traveling in and around the UK, has anyone changed their laptop and
portable computing device policy?  We are being questioned about the
safety of executives traveling with their laptops.

Last thing I heard was that the new policy was "no electronics in hand
luggage".

I just had an idea for an interesting venture: At the airport, offer a
service that takes laptops, creates an image, sends that image to the
destination airport where it is put onto a new laptop that is then
rented to the client. On return, do the same thing in the other
direction. Couple with optional virus scanning for $5 extra.

Pointy-haired bosses are going to love this.

   Simon