Full Disclosure mailing list archives

security at .edus

From: "Brian Eaton" <eaton.lists () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:13:48 -0400

On 4/22/06, Sol Invictus <sol () haveyoubeentested org> wrote:
What you don't realize is that just by posting here that an Educational Institution
is vulnerable to this,  Some Readers (not me) might already be scanning for
web vulnerabilities at these sites across the US.

I suspect the anonymous educational institution in question is hardly
the only vulnerable site out there.  Universities tend to be fairly
decentralized places, where academic freedom can count for a lot more
than a secure network.  Plus a university network has fewer secrets to
protect than a business.

One would hope that the registrar's office would be an exception to
the rule, but apparently not.

Regards,
Brian