Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft DNS resolver: deliberately sabotagedhosts-file lookup

From: "John Creegan" <jcreegan () questarweb com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:52:43 -0500

I'd agree with that.  What's the explanation for them doing the same thing with MSN?

On April 13, 2006, at 1:49, brandon s. allbery wrote:

On Apr 13, 2006, at 1:29 , Dave Korn wrote:

  Hey, guess what I just found out:  Microsoft have deliberately
sabotaged
their DNS client's hosts table lookup functionality.

I thought this was part of avoiding malware attempts to block Windows
Update.

--
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]
allbery () kf8nh com

information intended for a specific individual and purpose,
and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure,copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.