Full Disclosure mailing list archives

ebay javascript injection

From: toppsoft <toppsoft () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:31:25 -0400

Most of the phishing emails I get for eBay are pretty obvious. Besides the typos and poor english, they usually link directly to arcane websites. Today I got one that took me to a listing on eBay which contained a login intercept. The script presents a reasonable looking signin form, obfuscates your login and the destination url using rot-24 and sends it on to http://proxy.cheersfilms.com.tw/426006317/66728472 before submitting it to ebay.

I only find it noteworthy because I couldn't find any public information about xss flaws or other bugs allowing js injection into ebay auction listings and a slightly more sophisticated attack would be pretty hard to detect.

If you want to see the script, it's still up at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&Item=5875281930

I neutered the URL so you'll need to view source to see the javascript.

To see the fake signin page, you can link to http://tinyurl.com/r8ecv

which takes you to

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem
&=2&pUserId=&siteid=0&pageType=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&UsingSSL=&ru=&pp=
&pa2=&errmsg=&runame=&ruparams=&ruproduct=&sid=&favoritenav=
&migrateVisitor=&Item=5875281930&aiu=rtqz{0ejggtuhknou0eqo0vy164822853718894:694
&jsc=sig&jsv=1&jsem=vqrruqhvB{cjqq0eqo

(remove white space to link)

aiu is the URL which captures your login (rot-24)

Sucks to be coloradopackrat today.