Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: Oracle read-only user can insert/update/delete data

From: "KF (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:28:03 -0400

And I have to say once again: your vendor is very careless and irresponsible for publishing so much crappy code. This is what is really endangering many customer production databases.

That and the mentality that they can only offer this kind gentleman "*small amount of fame*" for his
time had he chosen to work with them in a more "responsible" manor.

Go bitch to your vendor.... stop trying to kill the messenger.

Even if they do include the fix in the next cpu... how many other holes are laying around for you to worry about it. I'd be willing to bet theres a few.

Wake up people.... these companies pwn your wallet and feed you BS products.
-KF

Van Winssen, Andre A SITI-ITIBHW5 wrote:

Alexander,
I have to say it once again: your company is very careless and irresponsible for publishing so much detail about this new oracle security flaw for which no patch exists yet, endangering
many customer production databases.
I have sent testcases to Oracle too that shows that it works against any oracle version currently
available. I expect oracle to include the fix in the next cpu, but have my doubts.
Kind regards,
Andre van Winssen

-