Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Bypassing Personal Firewall (Zone Alarm Pro)Using DDE-IPC

From: "Debasis Mohanty" <mail () hackingspirits com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:22:27 +0530

Paul Laudanski wrote:
This "exploit" was tested by members at CastleCops and found to be
untrue:

Unfortunately not !! Besides Zone Alarm free version it has been tested for
ZA Pro 3x and it works like a charm. Again Symantec SecurityFocus has
probably tested this for ZA Pro 5.1. so they have mentioned the vulnerable
version here http://securityfocus.com/bid/14966

I am not sure whether ZoneLabs has tested this or not, as I found ZA Pro 3x
to be vulnerable but seems it has not appear in the advisory's affected s/ws
list http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/securityAlert/35.html . As per
the advisory only the ZA free version is vulnerable.... I am afraid this is
incorrect ...

- D