Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Search Results w/Trojan?

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:43:21 GMT

Get in line:

 http://www.eeye.com/html/research/upcoming/20050915.html

More:

 http://www.eeye.com/html/research/upcoming/index.html

- ferg

-- "'FoR ReaLz' E. Balansay" <edgardo () u washington edu> wrote:

Hello all!

My systems relevant info:
Windows XP SP2 fully patched
Mcafee VirusScan 7.1 Engine 4.4 Definition 4581

Using XP SP2s Internet Explorer, in Google, i used the following search
query:

mcafee "driver packet received from the i/o subsystem" "patch 11"

When the results return from google a trojan comes along as well, as
detected by McAfee AV.

I'm aware that browsing to malicious sites can pass malware to users who
visit those sites, but this is new to me:  Trojans being passed through
google results.

Are passing of malicious programs through search engine results common?

Goodbye!
Edgardo
(not the same newbie "Edgardo" from a couple threads ago  =) )

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net