Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Mozilla Firefox "Host:" Buffer Overflow

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:43:54 -0400

Whatever. My point was that he treated the two situations differently.
Why?

Do you believe in Conspiracy Theories?  Do you believe that certain media
people,
and indeed, many others get a certain Large Software Company's money for
doing things for them?
Well, MSFT is going to issue a critical patch next Tuesday.  Maybe this is
a shiny object,
intended to divert some media pressure away from an MSFT design botch.

Allright, maybe I haven't listened to enough Air America lately, so help me
out with how this conspiracy works. Are you saying that Tom Ferris is a
Microsoft stooge and the fact that he only announced a critical IE
vulnerability without providing details or a POC, whereas he provided both
for a critical vulnerability in Firefox, was done because Microsoft paid him
to do so? Because that seems to be the essence of what you're implying.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.ziffdavis.com/seltzer