Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Secuirty Hole Found In Dave's Sock

From: Danny <nocmonkey () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:52:08 -0400

Date:           9/8/2005

Vulnerability Found:    Hole In Dave's Socket

Affected System:                Dave's Right Sock

Severity:                       Rating: Moderately Critical
                               Impact: System access
                               Where:  Foot

Description of Vulnerability:  This morning while putting my socks
on I found a small (1/4 inch) hole by my big toe. This could be
exploited by a virus through the bottom of the foot or under the
toe nail. This could be used to compromise Dave's entire system.

Solution: No permanent solution is currently available. A work
around is to wear the sock on the other foot to have the hole
above the small toe where it will not be furthur enlarged, it
will proboably fold over and partially cover the vulnerability.
Permanent solution coming in either a sock darning or upgrading
the unit to a new sock.

Time Table:             Found at 7:48am on Sept 8th, 1005
                       Work around figured out at 7:49am on Sept 8th,
2005
                       Permanent Solution Pending

Credits:                Found by Dave

This is NOT proper disclosure, Dave.  You must contact the vendor
first.  My cousins, uncles, nephews sister works for Fruit of the
Loom; I will attempt to locate a security contact there.

I just spoke with my girlfriend, and she has also confirmed that she
has holes -- although there is only one way that I am aware of to fill
her holes.

Until the hole is patched, do not put your sock on your cock.  This
could result in a buffer overflow.

...D

--
CPDE - Certified Petroleum Distribution Engineer
CCBC - Certified Canadian Beer Consumer