Full Disclosure mailing list archives

From: Alex Prinsier <aphex () aphexer dyndns org>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:09:11 +0200

I've not known the list as it was before 2003... and I really would like
to know how it was then.

I'm not sure how to understand these lines:

do you remember why this full-disclosure list was started in the first
place?
I do... undelayed, unmoderated, uncensored, disclosure, full if you
want, room for discussions etc

Do you mean symantec first checks every message which causes a delay?
And in the case they don't like the message they delete it? Or perhaps
censor some stuff?

Alex

Frank de Wit wrote:
That's why I wrote 'before 2003'... reading is difficult, arrogance is
easy I see in your response, the arrogance of a Symantec I would like to
say, but you still interest me ;-)
I see differences, it's called delayed disclosure and it's called
symantec (who has more securityproblems with it's own products than any
other security software supplier(?) :-) and it's called $ to pay for
information which used to be free before securityfocus 'went commercial'
http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2002-July/000143.html
remember? that's the moment you went rich and blind :-)
if you don't see it, all that yellow stuff is blinding you or the money
is blinding you
did the people who contributed to securityfocus got paid when you
received all those US$ ?
ok that's old cows, let's leave that because we're grownups... at least
we say we are
do you remember why this full-disclosure list was started in the first
place?
I do... undelayed, unmoderated, uncensored, disclosure, full if you
want, room for discussions etc
Why would we need another @securityfocus list if we already have this
full disclosure list... that's whay I wrote between the lines ;-)
Securityfocus.com was great... until it was bought by Symantec... I saw
you come, be and die
My opinion, if you don't like it... well... that's life

Alfred Huger wrote:

Frank,

It was acquired in 2002 not 2003. If you can actually point to
anything differant other than aesthetics I'd be happy to talk about it
and even work to change it if it's got merit. I've been here since the
begining - given I started it - and I really see little or any
differance pre vrs. post Symantec.

-al