Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Anyone noticing an increase in IOS HTTP scanning?

From: Hugh Brown <hbrown () dyaptive com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:34:24 -0700

nms () metafore ca wrote:

I have been getting at least 40 IOS HTTP Unauth Command Execution scans
in the last 12 hours. Every one has come from a different source IP,
but they are all located in Korea.
They are all trying to execute GET /level/16/exec/-///pwd HTTP/1.0 .
The stupid thing is, they are trying this on a bunch of web servers.

I saw the exact same thing here, except that the IP addresses seem to
come from all over the place, judging by the TLDs and WHOIS info:
Slovenia, Israel, China, France...

Has anyone else seen something like this? Before last night, there
had never been one of these on this network.

Never not once.

--
Hugh Brown
Network Administrator, Dyaptive Systems