Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Phone Forensics

From: JMadincea () cs com
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 21:54:10 EDT

Evening All,

Since this forum often dicsusses various forensic topics I thought I would
see if someone here could help with an issue that I am trying to resolve.

Is it possible to do a forensic investigation on a telephone that stores
caller ID information after the delete function has been invoked?  In otherwords,
if the user has deleted the incoming caller list is it possible to dump memory
to see whats there?

Along this same line is it possible to gather any inbound caller ID
information from a telco or another agency without a trace being initiated?

Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John