Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Bypassing Personal Firewall, is it that* hard?

From: Bipin Gautam <gautam.bipin () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 02:46:08 +0545

nothing much... i was just Tested stuffs on Zone Alarm Pro 6.0.667.000
i bunped into something intresting. A test program 'evil.exe' went to
a infinite recursive loop. No wounder, soon the system out of
memory..... but my BIG surprise vsmon.exe CRASHED ( testing on winxp
sp2, with Admin privilage) I manage to KILL the process of EVIL.exe &
system returned to normal functioning.... but FIREWALL DOWN!

huh!

-bipin