Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: for IE researchers, found a link crashing IE

From: "Greg" <full-disclosure () pchandyman com au>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:42:32 +1100

----- Original Message ----- From: <ad () class101 org>
To: <full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:55 PM
Subject: [Full-disclosure] for IE researchers, found a link crashing IE

This link crashes my fully patched IE on

Unsure if this was a real bug-crash report or not but for the heck of it, tested it from 2 Windows boxes.

1) Win XPSP2 with IE6SP2 all fully patched and running, because I was too lazy to stop it running, Zone Alarm Pro (yes, I know but I like to do this for other reasons). No crash.

2) Networked (runs wired through the XP box as above and out of that, wireless to a router) 98SE machine with IE6SP2 fully patched on it. No crash.

Was this one an honest report or just someone having a laugh?