Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How do you sniff your LAN subnet in nowdays switched networks ?

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:33:10 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Maxim Vexler wrote:

infrastructure is very simple[1] - its a remote office connected to
the Internet. The suspicion reduced to a number of possible causes,

sniffing I will be forced to temporally replace this switch with my
trusty hub the next time I get a chance to go there.

Put the hub in between your internet connecting device and the switch, this way you can sniff there to see all traffic headed outside.

Either that, or buy switches that can do port mirroring.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se