Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: phpbb 2.0.15 released - patches high critical vuln

From: Paul Laudanski <zx () castlecops com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:13:42 -0400 (EDT)

As expected, today was supposed to be full-disclosure on this
vulnerability.  On further evaluation, another vendor must be contacted as
the vulnerability permits a users computer to be hijacked.  Surely there
is enough of that going on with current spyware/adware.  That vendor has
been sent an email today, and we'll respond back to the lists with a
followup shortly.

Eventually we'll get to releasing the full disclosure, however, at this
stage, it is a much bigger issue than just phpbb and we want to play it
safe for the greater community-at-large.