Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: $25K Prize for the first OS X virus.

From: "KF (Lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:56:16 -0500

Hrmm why do I see this statement as a problem?

Your virus may be put into general circulation on the internet. Or, it may be sent by email to virus () dvforge com. Both machines will pull email from this POP account at least once per day, and, those emails will all be opened each day.

-KF

Dana Sibera wrote:
I found this from MacDailyNews, and thought it interesting.

http://www.dvforge.com/virus.shtml

In essence DVForge is running a competition where two powermac G5s are connected to the net with no security other than out of the box installs. If you can demonstrate you've infected them both with a virus you win $25k.

Or $50k if you're a an employee of symantec.

dana